THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday 15 March 2013

Kenny’s Review


I've use my new Twitter account to document the everyday ramblings of a high-functioning mental patient. I think that’s how Kenny tracked me down.


After being sent the link to his book, I downloaded a Kindle version, and it was stored nicely, waiting to be read along with about another 300 free books that I had spent endless hours searching for. It was only after he contacted me again, and asked me to review the book once I had read it, that I decided to give it a read. Mainly because he had seemed so nice when I had spoken to him via Twitter.

And cut to a gob-smacked Amy, who had a brand-new addiction; Kenny’s book.

The trials is Kenny’s life, spoken of in such an honest and open manner, were difficult to not evoke emotion. Yet throughout the book you’re never far from a sign as to how patient, strong, kind and inspiring a person Kenny is. I sense this book would have been a struggle to write, with its explorations of domestic violence, racism, bullying and mental-health issues. But Kenny seems resolved to bearing his soul in an effort to educate, support and help other people. It’s truly moving how someone who has experienced so much darkness can be so kind and compassionate.

Throughout my time of reading the book, Kenny and I would occasionally talk via Twitter, and I have been able to share my view that he is an amazing and inspirational character. Particularly for people like me. So many people use mental illness, abuse, or prejudice, as an excuse to be a less than good person. I am thankful every day for an illness which allows me to be empathetic, compassionate and caring. I would not be the same person I am today, without clinical depression.

I am also thankful every day that there are people like Kenny in the world, whose kindness and strength can mean everything to a person like me.

Please read this book, and carry its message to many more people, as it’s a message that might actually make this shitty life, and this shitty world, a better place.

Thanks you Priceless Kenny.

Please read Kenny's book "Always Smiling Through The Tears", which can be purchased from Amazon.

0 comments: