THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday 23 December 2012

The Last Year: Family

“Changes” – Kelly Osbourne Ft. Ozzy Osbourne


My family life has changed dramatically over the last year or so. My budding friendship and eventual relationship with Emma meant that I began to distance myself from everyone around me. I was so preoccupied with her, that I forgot the other people in my life. I rarely spent time with my Mom the way I used to, and even had a good few talking-tos from my Dad who felt I was neglecting the thing that used to be the dearest to me: Puppy. I would argue with my Mom and Dad on a frequent basis, and tended to feel like I should just keep my head down and get on with things. I didn’t take their feelings into account; something which I now sorely regret.

And when it all fell apart, who was there for me, picking up the pieces?

Mom and Dad and Puppy.

I’ve learnt my lesson, and am starting afresh with them. Working to build on old foundations, and have a new family dynamic. It’s all in baby steps, but I couldn’t have done without their support over the last couple of months. And Puppy’s. He knows when his Mommy is sad, and is sticking to me like glue, whenever I’m home. I feel terrible that even after the way I treated them for so long, they still want to help me over-come the most horrible thing to ever happen to me. When I pointed this out to my Dad, he replied with some of the wisest (and most undeserved, on my part) words I have ever heard him utter: “We’re your parents. It’s our job, mate.” Thank you Mom and Dad.

0 comments: